Subscriptions - Roaster's Choice
The Roaster's Choice subscription offers you the opportunity to try our current favorites. Choose your desired quantity and frequency, and we'll send you a selection of our top-rated single origin coffees, just as we like them. If you usually add cream or sugar to your coffee, this subscription may not be for you. We tend to prefer medium-light roasts for a clean, bright taste and maximum sweetness. These coffees typically score between 86-89 points, and are best enjoyed black.
We roast on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and ship on Thursdays. You'll be charged with each shipment, and you can make changes to your subscription as needed. Whether you need more coffee when guests are visiting, or you want to pause your subscription while you're on vacation, you have the flexibility to adjust the frequency and quantity of coffee you receive. You can also cancel your subscription at any time.
If you prefer an espresso focused subscription please check out our Espresso Head subscription.
Weekly ordering deadline is Tuesday at 9am. Orders placed before this time are roasted, packaged and shipped by Wednesday. All orders received after this time are subject to shipping the following week depending on overflow.
Our current shipping rates are as follows:
Local Delivery Rates within 2km
$5.00 for orders between $0-$20
$2.50 for orders between $20-$40
FREE for orders over $40
Canadian Shipping (with tracking)
Standard rates for orders between $0-$36
$10 for orders between $36-$75
FREE for orders over $75
US Shipping (with tracking)
Standard rates for orders between $0-$100
FREE for orders over $100
Biotrē™ 2.0 has outer layers are made from wood pulp and cellulose from wood pulp. In Biotrē™ 2.0 with Natural Kraft paper on the outside, the outer layers make up approximately 60% of the material by weight and have been shown to break down into healthy compost in 12 weeks when tested using conditions from a test method called ASTM D6868. The interior, sealable layer in Biotrē™ 2.0 is made of a plant-based, renewable resource, sugar cane. This is a durable i.e., non-biodegradable, layer made from renewable plant sources. The greenhouse gas CO2 is absorbed and reduced during the plant’s growth.
Biotrē™ takes a comprehensive approach to being environmentally friendly.
- Waste Reduction – Biotrē™ can reduce the amount of packaging that ends up in long term waste storage like a landfill.
- Biotrē™ 2.0 – with the outer layers breaking down naturally in a composting environment in a relatively short period of time, packages can be processed in a home compost to convert 60% of material (Biotrē™ 2.0 are not recommended for municipal or industrial composting). The inner layer can be removed from compost if found and disposed of with normal trash. 60% less material goes to the landfill.
- Climate Change – The plant-based components that go into Biotrē™ (wood pulp, sugar cane, and corn) absorb the greenhouse gas CO2 through natural plant respiration prior to being used to make Biotrē™ packaging. Absorbing and reducing the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere helps stem the tide of global climate change.
- Natural Resources - Biotrē™ preserves our natural resources by reducing the use of finite fossil fuel and mineral resources and promoting the use of cyclical, sustainable sources. While most barrier packaging is made from almost exclusively petroleum-based plastics or aluminum foil, Biotre® film layers consist of anywhere for 60% to nearly 100% renewable plants.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh