Brazil - Daterra Full Bloom
sweet, juicy, full body
|notes||blueberry, plum, caramel|
|profile||full body, sweet, long finish|
|varietal||catigua, red bourbon|
|process||tree dried natural|
|region||Patrocinio, Minas Gerais|
|producer||Daterra Sustainable Coffee|
Daterra is one of the most sophisticated coffee operations in Brazil. Located near the city of Patrocinio, in the state of Minas Gerais, Brazil. This is the classic and famed Cerrado region of Brazil, where the fertile land is flat and proven ideal for coffee.
There is beauty in the systems that Daterra has established to produce their coffee. They've turned the farm into an intensive network of lots, all monitored individually, many with automated irrigation systems to ensure ideal nutrients and water are making it to the plants themselves.
When it comes time to harvest, Daterra will send members of the team to different lots to evaluate the cherry and will harvest small batches to strategize on when to harvest each individual varietal and ensure peak timing. The quality team will then make decisions on how to utilize each of these coffees and where on the menu they'll be used.
The Daterra menu is vast, with three tiers of offerings available. The three tiers are Masterpieces, Collections and Classics.
Masterpieces are exotic, experimental and one-of-a-kind. Packed solely in patented Penta boxes (24.2kg vacuum seal)
Collections are high-end consistent coffees that the quality team deems 86 - 89 points, packed solely in patented Penta boxes (24.2kg vacuum seal)
Classics are coffees that best depict the Cerrado region with quality scores between 80 - 86. These are consistent, value offerings available in 60kg bags.
Each menu tier has a wide array of coffee sub-brands that are represented within. Each of these sub-brands holds a flavour profile that the quality team works tirelessly each year to consistently match and replicate, using combinations of coffee processes and varietals on the farm that work to that build. Think about it like a blend on a roasters menu, putting components together to make something that's greater than the sum of its parts.
This is a famed farm that was first purchased in 1976 and today is an icon in the coffee producer world. Leading by example, Daterra is the only B Corp certified coffee farm, has more certifications than we have space to list, and is working toward being a climate positive coffee farm, ensuring they are positively contributing to the climate.
Each menu tier has a wide array of coffee sub-brands that are represented within. Each of these sub-brands holds a flavor profile that the quality team works tirelessly each year to consistently match and replicate, using combinations of coffee processes and varietals on the farm that work to that build. Think about it like a blend on a roaster's menu, putting components together to make something that's greater than the sum of its parts.
Full Bloom is a Tree Dried Natural process. Tree Dried Natural is a process unique to the Cerrado region, where the coffee cherry is left on the tree to dry. Due to the dry climate, it can avoid the risk of fungus and microorganisms.
Weekly ordering deadline is Tuesday at 9am. Orders placed before this time are roasted, packaged and shipped by Wednesday. All orders received after this time are subject to shipping the following week depending on overflow.
Our current shipping rates are as follows:
Local Delivery Rates within 2km
$5.00 for orders between $0-$20
$2.50 for orders between $20-$40
FREE for orders over $40
Canadian Shipping (with tracking)
Standard rates for orders between $0-$36
$10 for orders between $36-$75
FREE for orders over $75
US Shipping (with tracking)
Standard rates for orders between $0-$100
FREE for orders over $100
Biotrē™ 2.0 has outer layers are made from wood pulp and cellulose from wood pulp. In Biotrē™ 2.0 with Natural Kraft paper on the outside, the outer layers make up approximately 60% of the material by weight and have been shown to break down into healthy compost in 12 weeks when tested using conditions from a test method called ASTM D6868. The interior, sealable layer in Biotrē™ 2.0 is made of a plant-based, renewable resource, sugar cane. This is a durable i.e., non-biodegradable, layer made from renewable plant sources. The greenhouse gas CO2 is absorbed and reduced during the plant’s growth.
Biotrē™ takes a comprehensive approach to being environmentally friendly.
- Waste Reduction – Biotrē™ can reduce the amount of packaging that ends up in long term waste storage like a landfill.
- Biotrē™ 2.0 – with the outer layers breaking down naturally in a composting environment in a relatively short period of time, packages can be processed in a home compost to convert 60% of material (Biotrē™ 2.0 are not recommended for municipal or industrial composting). The inner layer can be removed from compost if found and disposed of with normal trash. 60% less material goes to the landfill.
- Climate Change – The plant-based components that go into Biotrē™ (wood pulp, sugar cane, and corn) absorb the greenhouse gas CO2 through natural plant respiration prior to being used to make Biotrē™ packaging. Absorbing and reducing the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere helps stem the tide of global climate change.
- Natural Resources - Biotrē™ preserves our natural resources by reducing the use of finite fossil fuel and mineral resources and promoting the use of cyclical, sustainable sources. While most barrier packaging is made from almost exclusively petroleum-based plastics or aluminum foil, Biotre® film layers consist of anywhere for 60% to nearly 100% renewable plants.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh