Colombia - Don Felix
clean, sweet, citrus
|notes||orange, pear, caramel|
|profile||clean, sweet, balanced|
|varietal||Dos Mil, Caturra, Castillo|
|farm||5 hectare farm|
This microlot comes from a 5 hectare farm owned and operated by Don Felix with his wife. Don handles all of the wet-mill and drying processing on his own. This coffee underwent a split fermentation were half of the batch ferments in water for 37 hours and the other half for 13 hours. Fully washed with floaters removed, and sun-dried on cement patios.
Campesino Coffee is a Colombian based exporter working hand-in-hand with over 120 farmer partners. They focus on bridging the gap between farmer and roaster, providing complete transparency and working to provide sustainability within the communities they work in. THey focus on creating long-term relationships between their producers and buyers, giving all parties the ability to learn and improve, increase sustainability, and work together towards producing a great cup of coffee.
Campesino is also owned and operated mostly by women. Here's a link to an interview with Daniel Velasquez, Founder of Campesino Specialty Coffee: Read Interview
Biotrē™ 2.0 has outer layers are made from wood pulp and cellulose from wood pulp. In Biotrē™ 2.0 with Natural Kraft paper on the outside, the outer layers make up approximately 60% of the material by weight and have been shown to break down into healthy compost in 12 weeks when tested using conditions from a test method called ASTM D6868. The interior, sealable layer in Biotrē™ 2.0 is made of a plant-based, renewable resource, sugar cane. This is a durable i.e., non-biodegradable, layer made from renewable plant sources. The greenhouse gas CO2 is absorbed and reduced during the plant’s growth.
Biotrē™ takes a comprehensive approach to being environmentally friendly.
- Waste Reduction – Biotrē™ can reduce the amount of packaging that ends up in long term waste storage like a landfill.
- Biotrē™ 2.0 – with the outer layers breaking down naturally in a composting environment in a relatively short period of time, packages can be processed in a home compost to convert 60% of material (Biotrē™ 2.0 are not recommended for municipal or industrial composting). The inner layer can be removed from compost if found and disposed of with normal trash. 60% less material goes to the landfill.
- Climate Change – The plant-based components that go into Biotrē™ (wood pulp, sugar cane, and corn) absorb the greenhouse gas CO2 through natural plant respiration prior to being used to make Biotrē™ packaging. Absorbing and reducing the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere helps stem the tide of global climate change.
- Natural Resources - Biotrē™ preserves our natural resources by reducing the use of finite fossil fuel and mineral resources and promoting the use of cyclical, sustainable sources. While most barrier packaging is made from almost exclusively petroleum-based plastics or aluminum foil, Biotre® film layers consist of anywhere for 60% to nearly 100% renewable plants.
Weekly ordering deadline is Tuesday at 9am. Orders placed before this time are roasted, packaged and shipped by Wednesday. All orders received after this time are subject to shipping the following week depending on overflow.
Our current shipping rates are as follows:
Local Delivery Rates within 2km
$5.00 for orders between $0-$20
$2.50 for orders between $20-$40
FREE for orders over $40
Canadian Shipping (with tracking)
Standard rates for orders between $0-$36
$10 for orders between $36-$75
FREE for orders over $75
US Shipping (with tracking)
Standard rates for orders between $0-$100
FREE for orders over $100
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh